Project Manager with 10+ years experience managing software and engineering projects and developing innovative products for start-ups, SMEs, and large corporations. Based in Toronto, CanadaContact me
Bassam Rhou, Project Manager, PMP, MBA, Engineer, Entrepreneur.
Bassam is an experienced Project Manager with 10+ years of experience leading high-impact large-scale software and engineering projects. Entrepreneurial minded, passionate for technology and innovation, he led all phases of diverse technology projects in various industries and cofounded a global technology startup.
Bassam has an Engineer’s Degree (France), an M.A.Sc. (Canada), and an MBA (Canada). He is also certified PMP.
DECEMBER 2018 - Present
• Assisting ATP Software Solutions; the leading provider of maintenance tracking, flight operations, inventory management, repetitive defect analysis, and troubleshooting software. ATP counts 200+ employees in the US and Canada.
• Managing the full project lifecycle, including SOW definition, schedule, resourcing, risk mitigation, project status analysis and reporting, and customer communication.
• Responsible for multiple implementation and support projects, including software development and integration, database maintenance and growth, and mobile app and web-based application development.
• Delivered over four SaaS, mobile, and desktop app projects for aerospace, transportation, and highly technical clients.
• Managing multiple (more than four) client engagement projects in parallel, for SpotLight, an interactive software solution (web, desktop app, mobile) for troubleshooting complex equipment such as aircraft, luxury cars, and manufacturing equipment.
• Assisting in the implementation of customer success tools across the organization.
• Acting as the primary interface with the clients in a client-facing position.
• Serving as proposal manager for new projects and programs.
• Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams (software, product, QA, IT, sales) and with executives to deliver projects according to the client's expectations.
• Creating proposals and supporting the sales team activities.
April 2014 - March 2016
• Assisted Conavi Medical; a medical device start-up focused on providing image guidance technologies for minimally invasive cardiovascular procedures. Conavi counts ~80 employees in Canada.
• Managed a medical device project with software and hardware components.
• Managed cross-functional teams (15+ team members), including engineering, software, manufacturing, and quality teams.
• Implemented project management methodologies and processes across the organization.
• Managed the project using a mix of Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Planned, implemented, led, and evaluated the different phases of the project.
APRIL 2017 - AUGUST 2017
• Assisted Bombardier Aerospace; the world's third-largest civil aircraft manufacturer. Bombardier counts 60,000 employees worldwide.
• Managed the project for building the first Global 7000 business jet rear fuselage.
• Planned the project and the operations in a constantly changing environment.
• Monitored metrics on a daily basis and reported performance to senior leadership.
• Ensured the project deliverables are on time and satisfy a high level of quality.
• Worked closely with multiple teams, including methods, logistics, production, and quality.
OCTOBER 2016 - MARCH 2017
• Assisted Pratt & Whitney Canada; an aircraft engine manufacturer with global service operations. Pratt & Whitney Canada counts 10,000 employees.
• Managed two strategic pilot projects simultaneously involving a new 3D scanning technology for aircraft engine parts inspection.
• Managed cross-functional teams (10+ team members), including engineering, software, and QA.
• Collaborated with the management, the project team, and three suppliers to define the scope, execute the activities, and deliver the project.
• Coordinated all engineering functions to ensure efficient and consistent interface activities, design reviews, and prepare work statements.
• Managed the schedule and budget and ensured the objectives were met.
APRIL 2015 - OCTOBER 2016
• Co-founded Flystro; a start-up that built an online marketplace connecting businesses to drone pilots for aerial filming services.
• Built a team of software developers, marketing, and sales coordinators.
• Launched the product and acquired 500 drone pilots and the first clients.
• Created and executed the marketing and product strategy.
• Managed the product development using Agile/Scrum methodologies and Asana.
• Graduated the start-up from the following start-up accelerators: The Founder Institute, Start-Up Chile, and National Bank of Canada - HEC Montreal Business School Accelerator.
AUG. 2011 - SEP. 2015
• Assisted Safran (ex Zodiac Aerospace); a global supplier of systems and equipment for aircraft. It has approximately 100 sites across the globe and employs nearly 35,000 people.
• Served as on-site project manager and project engineer on the Global 7000 electrical system project at Bombardier Aerospace. Oversaw all aspects of developing and deploying the electrical system.
• Managed the communication with the client (Bombardier Aerospace) on a daily basis to meet all target plans and ensure requirements/scope compliance.
• Collaborated with multidisciplinary teams (30+ team members) in the US, Canada, and France to support the electrical system (hardware and software) development and production.
• Assisted the client and suppliers in the management of the software interface.
MAY 2010 - JULY 2011
• Assisted CS Communication & Systems Canada; a software company supporting system and sub-system makers in critical embedded software development and verification challenges. CS Canada count 150+ employees.
• Defined and implemented software test strategies for aerospace software projects.
• Analyzed the software design and developed system tests and test bench modules.
• Wrote software requirements, test scenarios, and test cases.
OCTOBER 2016 - MARCH 2017
• Assisted Embvue; a Canadian software engineering company providing services and products for embedded systems in the aerospace and defense industry. Embvue counts ~40 employees.
• Contributed to the successful scoping and execution of software projects for clients such as UTC Aerospace.
• Analyzed software designs and developed system tests for software used in Boeing 787.
• Designed and developed components of an avionics Ethernet software.
• Led a team of six developers to successfully complete verification and validation projects.
2012 - 2015
since December 2014